No gym? No problem! We have the top 5 exercises you can do from the comfort of your own home. Sounds perfect, doesn’t it? But it’s still important to push yourself, even at home, so we are going to show you how to incorporate your Slendertone into your workouts. So grab your best friend (your Evolve Abs of course) go to the Active Toning Programme (Programme 11) and let’s get started.
It’s time to activate muscles all around your body with one exercise. The star jump! The star jump activates your hamstrings, hip flexors, core, glutes and quadriceps. This exercise will not only burn calories but it will also boost the body’s metabolic rate, improving muscle endurance which promotes weight loss. Hit that start button on Programme 11 and follow these 3 easy steps to start jumping today!
- Stand straight with your feet together and your hands down by your side
- Jump up, spread your feet and bring both hands together above your head
- Jump again and return to starting position
Let’s aim for 15 star jumps.
Do you want an exercise that will not only burn calories but also strengthen your tendons, bones and ligaments? Then it’s time to squat! Squats target your thighs and glutes, helping to strengthen your legs. But don’t forget, core stability is vital for a squat to be successful, so let’s strengthen your core with your Evolve Abs while squatting. Follow these 5 easy steps to squat perfectly:
- Stand up straight with your feet shoulder width apart
- Clasp your hands in front of you for added balance if you wish
- Aim to keep your upper body as straight as possible while squatting down
- Keep your knees in line with your toes
- Return to your starting position.
Try to complete 15 squats.
No need to lunge your way to the gym. You can complete your daily lunges in your sitting room or even the back garden if the weather is nice! Lunges strengthen and tone your core, bottom and legs. The perfect lunge is just 5 steps away.
- Stand with your feet hip width apart
- Step your right foot forward
- Bend both knees at a 90-degree angle, until your right thigh is parallel to the floor
- Your right foot should be flat on the floor and the you should be resting on your left toes
- Return to standing position and repeat with left leg forward
Let’s aim for 5 lunges on each leg.
A classic – the push up. The perfect way to build strength in a fast and effective way. Not only will daily push ups build your upper body strength but they will also strengthen your lower back and core. Follow these 4 easy steps:
- Get down on all fours and place your hands slightly wider than your shoulders
- Straighten your arms and legs
- Lower your body until your chest nearly touches the floor
- Pause for a second and then lift yourself back up
Try to complete 7 push ups.Side Plank
Bored of the usual plank? Us too. Let’s spice it up. The side plank is the exercise you need in your routine to strengthen and tone your core. It’s time to challenge yourself even more and move onto Programme 12, the Plank Partner, to stimulate your core for 2 minutes. Follow these 4 easy steps to complete your fist side plank:
- Lie on your side, and prop your upper body on your elbow, keeping your elbow directly below your shoulder
- Raise your hips off the floor, hold this position for 10-15 seconds or longer if possible
- Switch to your other side and repeat the process
Let’s complete 5 side planks on each side. Remember increased duration means increased core strength.
Complete 3 sets of the above 5 exercises and there you have it! A 40 minute workout and you didn’t have to leave your house. Start completing a weekly at home session with your Slendertone. Eventually it will become a habit and you will be stronger and toned in no time. Check out our Evolve Abs for the perfect addition to your workout. You can thank us later!